Become a SUPE!
The SUPE Team is committed to:
- Reducing substance-related negative consequences and creating a healthier and safer college environment
- Educating students through outreach and prevention events, classroom presentations and media campaigns
- Harm Reduction
- Continuous learning and development
- Respect, empowerment, and inclusion
- Self and community care
- 2.5 or above cumulative GPA
- Enrolled at George Mason University or in the NOVA Advance Program
- Availability for a mandatory weekly meeting on Wednesdays 12-1pm
- Availability for mandatory training (Two business days before first day of classes, early move-in provided)
- Previous experience with presenting, facilitation and/or leadership development or desire to learn more in this area
Benefits of Becoming a SUPE
- Be a part of a connected and supported group of student leaders at GMU
- Become a certified peer educator with NASPA
- Have the opportunity to go to regional and local conferences and learn & build friendships with peers from across the country
- Get free Mason and SUPE swag & spirit gear
- Develop connections with industry and campus experts and faculty
- Develop personal and professional skills around working with other people, health education, facilitating and presenting
- Early Move-In
How to Apply?
All questions in this application are critical for our selection team to get an idea of applicants. Please answer all questions thoroughly. Incomplete applications will not be considered.