In order to utilize the Patriot Pantry, a student must be a returning degree-seeking George Mason student registered in at least one (1) credit hour in the upcoming Fall 2022 term. The Patriot Pantry provides access to non-perishable food and hygiene items to George Mason University students who are experiencing food insecurity. The Patriot Pantry raises awareness about food insecurity within the Mason student population. The Pantry is housed under the Student Support and Advocacy Center (SSAC) in the Division of University Life. The Patriot Pantry relies heavily on donations to operate. For more information on how to donate to the Patriot Pantry please visit our Donations page.
Eligibility Criteria for Summer 2022
- Enrolled in at least one (1) credit hour in the upcoming Fall 2022 term in a degree-seeking program at George Mason University (part-time or full-time and graduate or undergraduate).
- Currently experiencing food insecurity as defined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The Patriot Pantry utilizes an online ordering and contactless pick-up system for student users. The process is simple. If a currently-enrolled student is experiencing food insecurity and is eligible, they can submit an online order to receive non-perishable food and hygiene supplies. The Pantry staff will receive and fill the online order and email once the order is complete and ready for pick-up. The completed order will be placed on a table outside of the Patriot Pantry for pick-up. The Patriot Pantry is located on the Fairfax Campus, in Student Union Building 1, Room 3011.
Students may submit an online order to receive items from the Patriot Pantry once per week. If you are no longer in need please do not continue to make online orders as supplies are limited.
The Patriot Pantry recently changed the online ordering form to a platform called Guardian.
- The order form can be accessed via Guardian through the button below.
- Students will see the application says “George Mason University Incident Reporting Form” at the top.
- Under ‘Report Type’ students will see “Patriot Pantry.” This is the correct application to make an online order for the Patriot Pantry.
- Please fill out everything carefully and completely.
- For location, please select Online/ Virtual.
- For the Involved Parties section, students should select ‘Individual’ and enter their G number for the boxes to populate with student info.
- As always, questions can be directed to the Patriot Pantry staff at email@example.com.