Patriots for Recovery is our continuing efforts to support and foster a recovery community at George Mason University. Patriots for Recovery is an open peer to peer support group that is for Mason students who identify with being in recovery for a substance use disorder, eating disorder, or other process addictions. Interested students should email firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative from the Student Support and Advocacy Center will get you connected to more information.
Substance Use and Recovery Support Groups
This group is open to any student identifying as being in recovery or are recovery-curious. The Student Support and Advocacy Center supports students in recovery as well as allies. Groups provide a space to talk about common experiences, to process the impacts of day-to-day recovery, and to connect to others in recovery. This group is not a therapeutic group or a substitute for therapy.
Support Group Features
- Monthly 60-minute, in-person meetings
- Hosted in The Lounge (Room 3202 in SSAC)
- Facilitated by SSAC staff
- Open to any student, at any stage of their recovery journey
- New attendees to the group will be offered the opportunity to participate in the Substance Use Peer Education program at SSAC
- Opportunity to build community with peers in recovery
Patriots 4 Recovery Meets:
- Fridays from 3 – 4 PM on the following dates
- September 29, 2023
- October 27, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- December 8, 2023