Become a Peer Advocate
Peer Advocate Application Spring Semester 2018
Applications are due Tuesday December 12th!
Peer Advocates are a group of students trained in advanced advocacy and crisis intervention skills to address the topics of sexual assault, interpersonal violence and stalking on campus. In addition to staffing George Mason University’s 24-Hour Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner Violence Crisis Phone, Advocates also provide a variety of services to address the prevention of sexual and/or relationship violence and to educate the community about violence prevention.
Peer Advocate Expectations
- Staff the Sexual Assault and IPV 24-Hour Crisis Line
- Attend weekly in-services, 90 minutes
- Have the option to facilitate OneLove Escalation and other workshops
- Volunteer at least 15 hours at SSAC events related to IPV
Other Work of Peer Advocates:
- Hospital accompaniment and law enforcement reporting accompaniment as requested by students on the hotline
Peer Advocates must be able to attend a mandatory intensive training that is scheduled based on students availability. Applications for the Spring cohort of Peer Advocates are due by Midnight on 12/12.
Please contact Courtney Diener (email@example.com) with any questions about the program.