Become a Peer Advocate
The Peer Advocate Application for the Fall 2018 is open until August 20th!
Thank you for your interest. Applications will close August 20th, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Peer Advocates are a group of students trained in advanced advocacy and crisis intervention skills to address the topics of sexual assault, interpersonal violence and stalking on campus. In addition to staffing George Mason University’s 24-Hour Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner Violence Crisis Phone, Advocates also provide a variety of services to address the prevention of sexual and/or relationship violence and to educate the community about violence prevention.
Peer Advocate Expectations
- Staff the Sexual Assault and IPV 24-Hour Crisis Line
- Attend weekly in-services, 90 minutes
- Have the option to facilitate OneLove Escalation and other workshops
- Volunteer at least 15 hours at SSAC events related to IPV
Other Work of Peer Advocates:
- Hospital accompaniment and law enforcement reporting accompaniment as requested by students on the hotline
Peer Advocates must be able to attend a mandatory intensive training that is scheduled based on students availability.
Please contact Courtney Diener (email@example.com) with any questions about the program.