The Recovery Ally Workshop is designed to present participants with the tools to support those in recovery from alcohol and/or other drugs.
This workshop will:
- Demonstrate that recovery is a long-term process with unique implications for student success.
- Confront myths and stigma regarding addiction and recovery.
- Present the resources at Mason.
What participants will learn during this workshop:
- How to use appropriate language surrounding substance use and addiction disorders.
- How to convey openness and empathy to students in recovery.
- An understanding of the science of substance use disorder.
- How to offer support instead of enablement.
- Knowledge about the recovery resources that Mason offers.
Please visit this link to register: http://cglink.me/2d7/r1001418
After completion of the workshop participants will receive a certificate and a sticker which can be displayed in your email signature indicating your dedication to being a Recovery Ally.
The Recovery Ally sticker acknowledges that you will strive to be:
- An open-minded and active listener.
- Conscious of your own biases and work to adjust them.
- Informed and open to learning more about prevention, harm reduction, and recovery.
- Aware of the environments you create and work to build a safe space where people can share struggles and successes with substances and mental health challenges.
- An amplifier for the voices of people in recovery and an advocate for the rights of people both in recovery and those struggling with substances.