Become a Peer Advocate
Peer Advocate Application 2017-2018
Peer Advocates are a group of students trained in advanced advocacy and crisis intervention skills to address the topics of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking on campus. In addition to running the George Mason University’s 24-Hour Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner Violence Crisis Phone, Advocates also provide a variety of services to address the impact of sexual and/or relationship violence and educate the community about violence prevention.
Peer Advocate Expectations
- Staff the Sexual Assault and IPV 24-Hour Crisis Line
- Attend weekly in-services, 75 minutes
- Facilitate OneLove Escalation and other workshops
- Volunteer at least 5 hours at SSAC events related to IPV
Other Work of Peer Advocates:
- Hospital accompaniment, law enforcement statement, and courtroom accompaniment
Peer Advocates must be able to attend a mandatory training from 9AM to 5PM on Saturday, September 23rd and Sunday, September 24th.
Applications are due Monday, March 20th. Interviews begin on Wednesday, March 22nd.